The following list reflects some of the many charitable organizations that Bruce has served.
· Vanguard University of Southern California, Board of Trustees / Vice Chairman of the Board / Chairman of Finance Committee
· Coachella Valley Rescue Mission (CVRM), Board of Directors / Vice Chairman of the Board
· Vanguard University Foundation, Board of Directors
· Vanguard University Professional Advisory Council, Member
· Shadow Rock Church, Board of Directors / Corporate Secretary / Treasurer
· Desert Assembly of God, Board of Directors
· California State University, San Bernardino, Professional Advisory Committee, Member
· AG Financial Solutions, Chief Legal Counsel / Corporate Secretary / Senior VP
· MBA (Minister's Benefit Association), Chief Legal Counsel / Corporate Secretary / Senior VP
· AG Loan Fund, Chief Legal Counsel / Corporate Secretary / Senior VP
· AG Foundation, Chief Legal Counsel / Corporate Secretary / Senior VP
· Steward Insurance Services, President
· Legacy Consulting Group, President
· Planned Giving Round Table of the Inland Empire, Speaker
· Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry, Speaker
· Betty Ford Center Foundation, Speaker
President | Attorney | CPA
Certified Legal Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Bruce R. Durkee is licensed both as an attorney and as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Bruce is also a Certified Legal Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Bruce graduated magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Whittier Law School -- finishing in the top 10% of his class. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Accounting from Vanguard University of Southern California, graduating cum laude.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Bruce owned a CPA firm in Palm Desert, California, and previously held positions at Maryanov, Madsen, Gordon & Campbell, in Palm Springs, California, and Kushner, Smith, Joanou & Gregson, in Irvine, California.
Bruce began his legal career in private practice in Laguna Hills, California. Subsequently, Bruce served as Chief Legal Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Senior Vice President for a $2.3 billion nonprofit organization in Springfield, Missouri.
In 2006, Bruce acquired the client files of retiring attorney Nadine Quinn and relocated his office from Indian Wells, CA to its current location in Palm Desert, CA. Shortly thereafter, Bruce added staff and incorporated the practice as The Law Office of Bruce R. Durkee, A Professional Corporation.
A native of Southern California, Bruce grew up in Palm Desert, CA. Bruce and his wife Christy live in La Quinta, CA. They have two amazing daughters and two wonderful sons-in-law.
· Estate Planning
· Revocable Living Trusts
· Irrevocable Trusts
· Powers of Attorney
· Advance Health Care Directives
· Probate and Trust Administration
· Deeds and Deeds of Trust
· Estate and Gift Tax
· Non-Profit Organizations / 501(c)
· Business Formation
· Contested Trust Matters
· Financial Elder Abuse